Are you a counselor or therapist who is genuinely driven to provide quality and compassionate client care? Are you passionate about your specialty area? Do you want to work in a Christ-centered practice? If so, you may want to consider joining the Joshua Tree team! Read the following job description and scroll to the bottom of the page to submit an interest form which will redirect you to an application.
We are a team of Christian therapists and counselors committed to helping clients move from hopeless to healing. We are looking for counselors and therapists who are passionate about what they do, committed to ongoing learning, and always striving for a deeper depth of knowledge about their specialty area or specific population for whom they serve. As a team, we love to laugh, connect personally with one another, and lean on each other for support.
*This is a 1099 contract position.
The Ideal Joshua Tree Clinician Is:
- Warm, compassionate, and able to easily build and maintain rapport with clients, co-workers, and members from the community
- Able to work well independently and also wants to contribute collaboratively to the team
- Proficient and comfortable with technology (we used Simple Practice and Microsoft Office 365)
- Experienced in providing short-term counseling and/or long-term therapy (depending on licensure/experience) and has the clinical skill-set/depth to effectively do so
- Willing to provide a minimum of 10+ client sessions per week
- Organized and able to maintain a tidy office for sharing purposes
- Must maintain appropriate and timely clinical documentation
- An avid learner; seeks additional training opportunities beyond what is required by your state board
- Trauma-informed with an interest in building these skills
- A minimum of a master’s degree in counseling or related field
- A valid AZBBHE independent license (LPC, LMFT, LISAC, LCSW)
- – or – Associate license (LAC, LAMFT, LMSW)
- – or – qualifications as a pastoral counselor
- Professional liability insurance
Note: We are unable to accommodate interns at this time but plan to do so in 2023
Our mission is to help clients move from hopeless to healing. Our core values include authenticity, compassion, curiosity, faith, and humor. Rachel Lohrman, LPC founded Joshua Tree Counseling with a specific vision in mind – create a comfortable, home-like and private office setting where clients can come and heal from their mental, emotional, and relational pain, confusion, and trauma. The building (owned by Rachel) is a 6 office suite with wood floors and large windows in every office, designed with clients and therapists in mind.
We are primarily a private-pay practice, although we plan to be paneled with some insurance carriers. We do not accept AHCCCS. Our practice is best suited for clients who are children 10+, teenagers, adults of all ages, couples, and families of 3-4 (due to office space). We are not well-suited for children under 10 or play therapy. Joshua Tree clients tend to be motivated, high-functioning, and have voluntarily sought counseling services.
Joshua Tree clinicians offer in-person individual, couples, and family counseling sessions. While we have the capability and do provide the telehealth experience, we value in-person sessions and want our clinicians to feel the same, using telehealth sparingly if at all.
Admittedly this is biased but we think our counseling office is the best there is out there and that it’s like nothing you’ve likely seen before. Someone recently commented that our office “is like a hug.” Our team is comprised of genuine, humble, and confident licensed therapists, pastoral counselors, and administrative staff. We have created a cohesive experience for clients – from the website, to the friendly voice on the end of the phone, to the waiting room, counseling rooms, and even the counseling itself – it is calming, authentic, and compassionate.
A major benefit of joining a group practice is that it offers you the experience of private practice without the headache of billing, business management, or the isolation that comes from working solo. A unique benefit to working at Joshua Tree is that Rachel will work to provide you with your own website at no cost to you, and she will help to craft your marketing (website, Psychology Today page, etc) to put yourself out there as an expert in your specialty and attract your ideal client.